Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Revenge of The Doppelgangers . FOOTBALL EDITION

Realizing your favorite football player/figure looks like an international celebrity is always fun. Some look-alikes from the football side :

LA LIGA

1) Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid Midfielder)

Doppelganger(s) : Jason Bateman / Michael C. Hall


Xabi and Jason are uncanny. From the red locks and scruff, to the weirdly cute pointed nose, and the small-shaped eyes, for all we know they could actually be stuck in a real life cross-country "It Takes Two" situation. But Pepe Reina begs to differ and thinks Xabi looks like Michael C. Hall better. Personally, I'd say he looks more like Jason Bateman but who am I to argue with San Reina?


2) Enrique Sanchez Flores (Atletico Madrid Manager)

Doppelganger : Hugh Laurie


The first time I laid eyes on Flores my first thought was "What is the doctor doing here? Doesn't he know people need to be saved?? Where is his cane!!!" but then I realized I was watching football not House so that couldn't be Hugh Laurie. Well, it could be if Hugh has a thing for spanish football but that seems unlikely. To me Flores is like a younger-unbroken-spanish version of Dr. House in my head. If he needed a costume for Halloween all he would need is a vest, jacket, cane, a sour attitude and he'd be set!

3) Dani Benitez (Granada FC Midfielder)

Doppelganger : Steve Buscemi


Now at first I didn't realize this, he actually reminded me of Chicharito the first time because of his beady eyes. But even though they both have that in common they hardly look like the same person. But then someone mentioned Boardwalk Empire on twitter during last night's Granada game against Barcelona and there was a sudden *click* in my head. Again, the (much) tanner, younger, spanish version of Buscemi, of course.


THE PREMIERE LEAGUE

1) Stewart Downing (Liverpool FC Winger)

Doppelganger(s) : Christian Bale/Jason Mraz


Another set of triplets! Bale was pointed out to me by a fellow female footy friend and, although I've never been fond of the actor, can't deny they have the similar face features. In this case of course I'd be more accepting of Stewart being Jason Mraz's twin because I just love his music. But Batman or Musician, this group of doppelgangers is obviously not short on talent. It's like they've divided themselves to conquer the world through football, film and music. Better watch out.

2) Andre Villas Boas (Chelsea FC Manager)

Doppelganger : Patrick Dempsey


Can you even with the hair? Because it's really driving me insane - in a good way. Being the Grey's Anatomy fan that I am, I propose the writers create a special storyline just so we get to see these two together at the same time on screen. Or maybe Roman Abramovich would be so kind as to invite the Dr. McDreamy actor to a Chelsea game to experience some english football so we can atleast see them on the same pitch. Wouldn't that be a delight? I'll get the online petition started.


BUNDESLIGA

1) Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund Center Back)

Doppelganger : Orlando Bloom


Epiphany came when I saw a picture of Hummels and thought it was Orlando Bloom instead. Is Hummels really German? Is he sure he's not English like Orlando is? They could definitely have came from the same mother AND father, I mean really. It's kind of rediculous how they both have the facial hair growing in the same places too.

2) Michael Ballack (Bayer Leverkusen Central Midfielder)

Doppelganger : Matt Damon


Michael will always be one of my favorite German players to date. I don't care what people say about him, first loves never fade and that goes the same for football crushes. Pleasantly surprised when I came to the realization that he looks like Matt Damon's foreign brother. Now instead of being captain of the German NT, Matt could fit Michael into one of the lead roles in his movies. A little dye and no one will even notice. Win-win for everyone.


x Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment