Thursday, November 10, 2011

We Are The Champions....and by We I Mean the Spain NT

2012 is near and the new Spanish kits for the Euros are here!


Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how amazing their new kit presentations always are.

Carrying on, I need to dissect the new Euro kit compared to the old one, because I have some sort of problem with obsessing over these World Champions like that.


This pretty piece of 2008 was gorgeous, still is. But now that we're in 2011 and things have changed quite a lot this design does seem a bit out-dated. Isn't it funny how old jerseys always seem to look the most hip when they first come out and then seem "so 2000-and-late" after their time has passed, like Fergie had so cleverly put it?

badass walking

No, I'm not using this screen cap of the kit presentation as an excuse to post a Xavi picture. Okay, well, maybe I am but can you blame a Xavi fangirl? There are obvious differences between this new Euro kit and the old (of course) but there are still some of the old Euros here and there. There is the must-have of the Spain NT badge with the fabulous WC Champion star above it. The lines on the right arm have been reduced, much similar like Spain's WC kit, only with even lesser strokes. 


left : the new WC kit; right : the old WC kit
I've always been fonder of the old kit. Maybe it's because it seems more "La Roja". Or maybe it's just because I only have the old kit. Or maybe it's because those additional bright stripes they added on the new WC kit almost made me go color-blind. Whatever the case, the new Euro kit definitely seems to be closer to the new WC kit than the old WC one.

But the longer I look at all these kits and compare them with the new Euros, I'd say the new Euros seem like a gentle mix between the old Euro kit (with the design using some of that dark blue instead of the bright blue or purple strokes, also the shade of red is the same) and the new WC kit (keeping the Spanish pride with the badge on it and shoulder-neck linings). If the old Euro kits and the new WC kits made love and had a baby, this kit would be it.


Overall verdict : I like it.

x Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment